Purpose of the role:
To provide EHS support, development and implementation of Primark’s health and safety agenda across the business.
- Carry out health & safety inspections as required by legislation, Primark company policy, identifying potential hazards and recommending appropriate remedial action where required.
- Conduct HS inspections and audit workplace standards and activities as appropriate.
- Conduct risk assessments and emergency plans.
- To undertake investigations into specific incidents or accidents ensuring appropriate records are maintained, appropriate recommendations made and actions closed to reduce likelihood of reoccurrence.
- Attend H&S Committee meetings in the stores.
- Establish effective relationships and work closely and co-operatively with the retail team and other stakeholders.
- Have a thorough and detailed working knowledge of relevant current legislation and advice.
- Provide technical advice on all relevant health and safety issues to the stores.
- Secure the development of a positive health and safety culture at all levels throughout the business.
- Identify where poor practice, by individuals or a particular business unit, demands additional training or the provision of information to provide this required support.
- Drive forward, undertake or advise on workplace risk assessments and reviews in accordance with legislation or upon amended Primark policy, determining appropriate action and priorities.
- To conduct regular and periodic HS inspections and audits against defined workplace standards and activities in designated locations to evaluate our performance.
- To drive a culture of behavioural safety across the country and to lead by example to ensure that safety becomes an integral part of everyday business.
- Advise on training needs for the business in line with regulatory requirements, business need or poor performance taking into account performance improvement and return on investment.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Master degree in Health and Safety, specialties: Safety at work, Industrial Hygiene and Ergonomics and Psychosocial.
- Over three years’ experience in health and safety and environmental.
- Medium level (B2) of English written and oral.
- Total availability to travel in the designated area.
- Experience in deal with unions, conduct risk assessments, emergency plans, H&S trainings and participate in legal audits.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation, codes of practice, guidance and operating procedures.
- Legal Auditor certification is desirable.
- Environmental knowledge and background is desirable.
- Provide effective verbal and written communication and feedback.